Wednesday, February 23, 2011

God's plan, not our plan.

  Today is my baby boy's 24th birthday so of course I'm reminiscing. That time was not a good one in our lives. Davey and I were seperated. We had a two year old and I was pregnant with Garrett. For a while we didn't think we were going to make it. In fact on the day I had Garrett, who was two days early, I had an appointment with a divorce lawyer. Obviously I didn't make that appointment and afterwards I was too busy taking care of two children to think about a divorce, and I really didn't want one any way. I have always thought that God made Garrett come that day just so I wouldn't make it to that appointment. He didn't want us to get divorced either. It wasn't His plan. We've been married for almost 29 yrs. now.
  
   And then I think of the other time God's put His plan into action. When the twins came along. When I was first told about the twins impending birth I was not happy. They already had two children and they were already having problems. I remember thinking, great, two more kids for  me to take care of. Funny how prophetic that was.
But as soon as I saw the first sonogram and the two shrimpy looking babies, I fell in love. That was God working through me.

   And was it coincidence that when the time came for the twins to move in with us permanently our own children were grown and getting ready to fly away? No, once again it was God's plan.

   I have learned that while we may like to think that we are in control of our own lives, it is not true. God is in control, and if we only "Trust in Him", He will guide our paths. Sometimes that path is hard. When Davey and I were seperated and I had two young children to take care of, and had to go on Public Aid, I remember feeling like a drowning person, holding on to Jesus for my life. But He never let me go, and He never let Davey go, and so here we are. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment