Monday, March 7, 2011

If anyone wonders....

    If anyone wonders why I am so fiercely protective of the twins, this should fill you in. For the third time in two weeks their mother has not shown up for a visit when she tells them she will. I don't remember what happened the first time, but last Saturday boy twin immediately got an attitude and the girl climbed up on my husband's lap, cried, and sucked her thumb. They are a few months short of eight. Sucking a thumb is not normal behaviour.
    And today was the worst. I was on the phone with her and yes, I said she would have to forgo the visit. Because it was already 5:00 and we had to have supper and bathes, we have school tomorrow. The boy literally jumped on top of me, I was sitting down, and was screaming at me and hitting me. "Tell her it's all right to come now. Tell her! Tell her!" It wasn't alright. There was no way it could be. She is at this moment living an hour and a half away. She wouldn't get her til near 7:00. They go to bed at 8:00. He got off of me but ransacked the house, tearing things up, throwing things around. Took a heavy mirror off the wall and threw it on the floor. All the time yelling at me. Telling me to call her back and let her come.
    The girl on the other hand was in her room, sitting on the floor with a picture of them and their mom that I actually took on Mother's Day last year, just bawling her eyes out.
     I finally let him call his mother back and she apologized and "promised" she would be here tomorrow after school. She had better be.
     I remember feeling fiercely protective of my own children just a few times in their lives. It was nothing like the way I feel about these two. Because I knew that no one was ever going to hurt them like these two have been, and continue to be hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment