Friday, June 21, 2013

Mixed emotions.

I am both happy and sad tonight, which is really making me an emotional mess. Lol On one hand my oldest son is getting married tomorrow and for that I am excited and happy. The girl he has chosen to marry is very good for him. I can't wait for tomorrow afternoon so we can go to the wedding. The twins and the grandbabies, along with the brides to younger brothers are going to be in the wedding so it will be extra wonderful On the other hand one of my dearest friends, a woman I could never have imagined becoming friends/sisters with has just recently found out she has colon cancer. This of course makes me very sad and concerned for her. She is basically alone where she is and although I plan to be there as much as possible for her, distance, money, and other responsibilities, ie the twins and grandkids, will make it impossible to be there as much as I would like. I wish she still lived in front of me, although where she has moved has been good for her financially. But if she still lived here I could take better care of her. The twins love her dearly too. She has been part of their life since the beginning. So this is difficult on them too. Today we accompanied her to two different appointments and I was very proud of how well they behaved. Please anyone who reads this keep her in your prayers. Pray that God give her comfort, strength, and people who will be there for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment