Saturday, January 22, 2011

Just have to brag!

    At least a little bit, about how wonderfully today went. Sometimes days off with the twins, when there's no where to go and nothing to do tend to be a bit touchy. Today was a really good day. There were a few touch and go moments but then they are children and therefore are allowed to behave like such. But they were basically wonderful today. It probably has something to do with the fact that all three of us are now medicated. Kind of sad isn't it? But if it helps, then I'll accept it. Baileigh's new medicine has really helped her. All of the sudden the little girl who I basically had to force to get up and dressed every day, is getting up on her own, picking out her own clothes, and getting dressed, ALL BY HERSELF! And if it's her new medicine that's helping her to do this, more power to it. And I think Steven's new medicine is helping too. I wasn't sure at first b/c I didn't see much difference, but it takes a few days for new meds to really take hold and I think now that it is helping. He still gets up way too early for me anyway, and hits the floor running. I just hit the floor. And he still has a problem with his mouth first thing in the morning. It's like he can't control what's coming out of it, and it takes the medicine about half an hour to take hold and then you can tell he's better, til it wears off and then another pill, another half hour and he's okay again. But I don't feel so much like I'm walking on eggshells around him and he hasn't had a rage since last Friday, over a week. I'm very pleased about this. We played alot of games today. They always seem to need to be entertained. Are not good about entertaining themselves. But they also helped me with the house work. Steven vacuumed, Bay washed the kitchen floor. They helped clean out their hamster cages. I am so very pleased with the way today went. I hate to get my hopes up, b/c who knows what tomorrow will bring. But today was good and I am thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment