Friday, January 21, 2011

A Steven Story

   Just had to share this one. After coming home yesterday afternoon from sledding, Steven lay down to take a nap. At supper time I tried to wake him and he told me he just wanted to sleep a little longer. Then I tried again a little later. He thought it was morning and told me he didn't want to go to school. I explained that it was night time and he needed to get up and eat something. He went back to sleep. Davey came home and talked to him, but to no avail. So we ate and spent the evening with one child, who I am sure enjoyed all the attention she was getting. After getting her to be around 7:30 Davey headed up to church to do his favorite thing, plow snow. I went into the kitchen to get a snack, when I turned around there was Steven wandering into the front room. It was 8:30 by now. He asked me if there was school today. I explained, again, that it was night time. He said no it wasn't, Dayday wasn't here, he was at work. I said no, he's plowing, and look it's dark out and Bay is in bed. We went back to his bed and lay down for a while. He just couldn't go back to sleep. I assumed he was hungry so offered to make him some oatmeal. Okay. So Davey comes home around 9:00 and Steven and I are in the front room watching cartoons. Around 9:45 Davey and Steven headed to bed together, and I headed to my own bed by myself. He then slept for the remainder of the night until 6:43 this morning. Life is never boring around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment